The report is a requirement of their Terms of Reference:
Our Terms of Reference specify that this Interim Report should contain recommendations that inform early decision-making on rebuilding and repair work that forms part of the recovery from the Canterbury earthquakes. They also envisage interim recommendations that relate to any measures necessary or desirable to prevent or minimise building failures due to earthquakes in New Zealand.
- Purpose of the Interim Report
- Section 1: Summary of Recommendations
- Section 2: Inquiry Process and Progress
- Section 3: Inquiry Issues and Recommendations
- Appendices 1-4
- Royal Commission’s Terms of Reference
- List of Advisors to the Royal Commission
- Concepts Used in Seismic Design
- Geotechnical Considerations
- General Performance of Buildings – Unreinforced Masonry Buildings
- Design Practice
- New Building Technologies
The report can be downloaded from here.