In late June and in mid-August 2011, Cabinet considered papers from the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery detailing the extensive geotechnical work that has been undertaken to assess the state of affected land.The following is a list of the papers and minutes available on the CERA web site here.
- Cabinet Paper: Land Decisions - June 2011
- Cabinet Minute of Decision: Land Decisions - June 2011
- Map showing affected areas - as at 23 June 2011
- Cabinet Paper: Kaiapoi Orange Zones - August 2011
- Cabinet Paper: Kaiapoi Orange Zones - Appendices A to E - August 2011
- Cabinet Paper: Kaiapoi Orange Zones - Appendix F - August 2011
- Cabinet Minute of Decision: Kaiapoi Orange Zones - August 2011
For those unfamiliar with the Cabinet process, and the documents involved, it is quite simple and goes like this:
- Officials prepare material for Cabinet (or Cabinet sub-committees) and these are the Cabinet Papers
- Cabinet Papers invariably consist of two parts: a range of supporting material and a set of recommendations that officials invite Cabinet to approve.
- Cabinet considers the material and either accepts the recommendations in the papers or amends or replaces them as appropriate.
- Cabinet's decisions are released in a Cabinet Minute.