Building Assessments (as at 1900 hrs 20 March)You can find this information on the Council's website here.
A red placard is not a demolition order.
- Commercial: Total: 4205 buildings inspected; 832 red, 978 yellow, 2373 green.
- CBD (4 avenues): 4079 building inspected; 996 red, 909 yellow, 2153 green
- Residential: A total of 61,367 buildings inspected. 1,805 are red.
- Heritage (i.e. listed in the City Plan): 941 buildings inspected; 346 red.
In the following wards, there have been approximately:
- Burwood-Pegasus:18,864 assessments; 309 red placards
- Hagley-Ferrymead: 21,334 assessments; 1,741 red placards
- Shirley-Papanui: 6,340 assessments; 73 red placards
- Spreydon-Heathcote: 11,780 assessments; 239 red placards
- Riccarton-Wigram: 1,378 assessments; 15 red placards
- Fendalton-Waimairi: 3,601 assessments; 83 red placards
- Banks Peninsula: 1,627 assessments; 145 red placards
Monday, March 21, 2011
Building Assessment statistics
The following statistics are from one of the Council's web pages. We are one of the suburbs located in the Hagley-Ferrymead ward which, for now, contains the majority of the red-placarded houses.