The Temporary Accommodation Financial Assistance will be:
- $180 a week for a one-person household
- $275 a week for a two-person household
- $330 a week for households of three or more people.
- Work and Income, 231 High Street, Christchurch
- Linwood Community Link, 154 Aldwins Road, Linwood, Christchurch
- Papanui Work and Income, 7 Winston Avenue, Papanui, Christchurch
- Waimakariri Earthquake Hub, 24 Sewell Street, Kaiapoi
They can also be contacted on 0800 673 227 and, at some stage, a satellite service will be provided for residents in the Selwyn district.
More information about the package can be found at the dedicated website www.quakeaccommodation.govt.nz. One part of the website outlines the help available for those looking for temporary accommodation:
The Temporary Accommodation Service will maintain a list of available properties and will put homeowners in touch with landlords according to their housing needs.
MP Brendon Burns has released a statement on the package here.