For those who rely on the library for internet access this will be available, as will free WiFi.
From the library announcement:
What will be at Central Library Peterborough?
- The temporary library will have a collection of more than 70,000 items, including books, magazines, CDs and DVDs.
- Family history resources and microfilm newspapers will be available. The Nga Pounamu Maori and the Ngai Tahu collections are also included.
- The collection features books, a range of new magazines, world language material, music CDs, DVDs, talking books and newspapers. It will cater for all ages.
- Most of the collection is stock from the Central Library in Gloucester Street. This includes new items, and stock that was in circulation at the time of the February earthquake and has since been returned.
- There will be 22 free computers offering free internet access. Free Wifi will also be available. Printing, copying and scanning facilities will also be on offer.
- The library will open with new technology, which is being introduced to libraries across Christchurch. New service kiosks will make it possible for customers to issue and return the items they have loaned. Staff will work alongside customers, making it as easy as possible for them to use the new equipment.
- Public toilets in the library, including disabled access
- Baby change facilities
- Parking outside the library for library customers, including disabled access Printing and photocopying Library computers
- Scan to USB
- Services available at all Christchurch City Libraries
- Christchurch City Libraries events calendar
- Free wireless internet access