Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2010

Relocation and School Zoning

If families are relocated during repairs, rebuilding and land remediation work does a problem arise over school zoning rules? According to the CCC the situation is as follows:

Will the Ministry of Education recognise the damaged address, currently empty, when a school application is made for children who are currently living out of zone?
If a student is already attending a school then it is not an issue. If a family is relocated whilst restoration of damaged property is taking place, the Ministry expects boards to take a commonsense approach to the individual situation of the family. The Secretary for Education has a discretion to override a school's enrolment scheme in certain circumstances, and if necessary a parent can contact the Christchurch office of the Ministry on 03 378 7788 (response from the Ministry of Education).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.