Search This Blog

Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Southern Response: House claims - out of scope FAQ

Southern Response today added a new FAQ page (here) to cover claims that are “out of scope” i.e. not covered by EQC. The Southern Response definition of out of scope claims is:

You may have earthquake damage to parts of your property that are not insured by EQC but are covered under your AMI House Policy.  We call claims relating to these parts of your property 'out of scope' claims as the damage is outside of the scope of cover EQC provides.  These claims may include earthquake damaged patios, paths, fences, driveways (including shared driveways and fences) and pools.

The FAQ topic headings are:

  • What are the different settlement options Southern Response offers for out of scope claims?
  • What are out of scope claims?
  • What happens if I have an under cap house claim with EQC and an out of scope claim with SR - will EQC manage the repairs on both?
  • Will Southern Response assess my house damage when you assess my out of scope damage?
  • Who will do the assessment of my out of scope damage?
  • What is your overall approach to getting out of scope assessments done in Canterbury?
  • Why are you taking this approach?
  • When will my out of scope damage be assessed?
  • My out of scope property was assessed some time ago and I was recently advised by Southern Response that it needs to be re-assessed. Why is that?
  • What happens after my assessment is done? 
  • Why would I cash settle my out of scope claim?
  • Is there an excess if I accept a cash settlement?
  • What are the advantages of Southern Response managing my repair?
  • If Southern Response manages my repair, will the replacement materials be the same as the previous materials?
  • What if I have further questions about my out of scope claim?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.