Unfortunately both releases appear to have been written by the same team of waffley thinkers so here is a more succinct way of describing the process:
- If you live on the flat part of greater Christchurch you will be in either a Red Zone or a Green Zone.
- If you live on the hills, you are or were white, and this process does not apply to you. Your turn comes next month with a separate process when all the white areas have been classified to a different colour.
- If you are Red you can appeal to be rezoned Green.
- If you are Green you can appeal to be rezoned Red.
- If you are Green you cannot appeal the technical category of your land: i.e. Green/Blue, Green/Yellow, or Green/Gray.
- When you appeal it can only be in terms of the criteria set out by Cabinet, most especially it must have an area-wide focus rather than just your piece of land.
For CERA's information on the process see Minister Brownlee's announcement here and Roger Sutton's update here. There is also a previous blog post covering the Cabinet criteria and where to find it here.