Red Zone legal issues

On Saturday I received an e-mail from a Linwood lawyer who has a Red Zone client in the process of taking his insurance company to court. The lawyer wondered whether there were other Red Zone residents who might be interested in joining forces.

The text of the e-mail is below. If you Know someone who may be interested please forward it to them.

Hello, I stumbled across your blog and email address while doing some research for a client.

I am instructed by my client to bring proceedings against an insurance company in respect to significant damage to a red zoned home. The insurer is claiming that it can resolve my client’s insurance claim by paying the nominal cost of repairs as if the home were situated on a solid building platform. You will be familiar no doubt with the insurer’s tactics.

The case will no doubt be a test case and given the costs likely to be involved my client is interested in knowing if any parties were interested in joining in proceedings or contributing to the funding. I would be grateful if you were able to circulate this email and/or let me know other organisations who were likely to have members or contacts who could be interested in becoming involved.

We have an opinion and a motivated barrister and are really only looking now to advance the funding.

Please feel free to give me a call on Monday if you would like to discuss.

Regards,

Peter Richardson, Partner, Linwood Law, PO Box 24111, Christchurch. Phone: 3892121, Fax: 3899122 Email: peter@linwoodlaw.co.nz

Popular Posts