Avondale Earthquake Assistance Centre (EAC)
Avondale Golf Club, 141 Breezes Road, Avondale
10.00 am to 6.30 pm Monday to Friday
0800 RING CERA (0800 7464 2372)
- Provide information and assistance for red-zone homeowners with insurance deciding on Government offers to buy their properties.
- Give updates on services such as roading, sewerage and water.
- Help connect those with earthquake-related housing, legal and/or insurance issues to the relevant services.
- Share material from official agencies and community organisations, including notices and contact details.
It can’t provide a dispute resolution service between homeowners and insurance companies nor a forum for negotiating individual settlements. It can, however, provide information to help people decide on a purchase option, if any.
- Some private insurers (ring first to check)
- City Council
- Canterbury Earthquake Temporary Accommodation Service (CETAS)