Search This Blog

Saturday, 5 February 2011

Unemployment Benefit - self employed

I don't think this applies to any of us, however it seems useful to mention it as a matter of record. Work and Income New Zealand have created an earthquake related benefit for those who are self-employed, or who are employers, with less than 30 hours of emplyment a week because of the earthquake.

The salient points, quoted direct from the website which is here, are:
UBCE is to support employers personally.  It is not intended to support businesses.
To be eligible for UBCE you must be self employed and working less than 30 hours per week due to the earthquake, or an employer working less than 30 hours per week in their business due to the earthquake, and
  • not be in full-time employment
  • be available for and seeking full time work
  • have taken reasonable steps to find, and be willing and able to undertake full-time employment
  • be aged 18 years or older
  • have continuously lived in New Zealand for two years or more since becoming a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
  • have no income or an income of less than the amount that would fully abate the benefit.
People receiving UBCE have the same work obligations as people receiving Unemployment Benefit, but can be considered to be meeting these obligations if they are:
  • working to rebuild their business, and
  • seeking other employment until the business is able to generate work to support them.
 You can find the web page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.