The Christchurch City Council is calling for residents who have been doing it tough since the earthquakes to put forward their application for the Mayor’s Welfare Earthquake Relief Fund.
“Anyone can apply, there is no personal income threshold for eligibility and funding can be granted up to $2500 per application. I encourage people to make the most of this opportunity and the chance to get a bit of financial help to ease them into the new year.”
All applications must be earthquake related and the applicant must be living in Christchurch. Applicants can receive assistance once from the fund.
Applications can come from individuals and families who are residents of Christchurch city. The eligibility criteria are:
- All applications must be earthquake-related
- The applicant must be living in Christchurch
- Applicants can receive assistance once from the fund.
- Retrospective funding can not be provided
- The fund will not grant funding that is the responsibility of another agency
There is further information and a downloadable application form here.