There will be a two week opportunity for groups and individuals to make submissions on the content of the plan before it is finalised.
Highlights and small points of the plan include:
- the CCC is facing deficits totalling approximately $100m for the current and following three years (all arising as a result of the earthquakes)
- insurance premiums paid by CCC are expected to rise as much as 300% for the stuff below ground and 400% for some things above ground
- some projects on the council's books will need to be reconsidered, some deferred
- a rates increase of 5.32% plus an earthquake premium of 2.21% (the latter to run for three years) is being recommended
- removal of the central city shuttle
- approximately 50% of CCC fees will increase, with a median increase of 3% (the bulk of the increases seem to be cost recovery only)