Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

EQC - Rapid Assessments FAQ

EQC have added information about the rapid assessments currently underway.

The questions for which answers are provided are listed below. I have underlined the one most likely to be of interest, however the answer is not a particularly helpful one.
  • What other sources of assistance are available to residents?
  • Who can help with temporary accommodation if my house is uninhabitable?
  • What should I do if I think my house is unsafe?
  • If I am assessed under the rapid assessment process, do I still need to make a claim to EQC?
  • Do I need to wait for a rapid assessment before fixing any damage to my property?
  • Will I be notified before the EQC assessors visit?
  • What happens if I think your rapid assessment is wrong
  • What do I need to do to get a rapid assessment?
  • Who will get a rapid assessment and who will get a full assessment?
  • How does EQC define houses with severe structural damage?
  • How will assessors prioritise properties for a full assessment at a later date?
  • How will assessors decide if a property needs emergency repairs?
  • What is the rapid assessment process?
  • What should I do if my house needs emergency repairs?
  • What’s the maximum amount I can receive from EQC to help me repair earthquake damage to my house?
  • What is the Earthquake Commission’s role in helping people in the recovery process in Canterbury?
The FAQ can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.