The salient points, quoted direct from the website which is here, are:
UBCE is to support employers personally. It is not intended to support businesses.
To be eligible for UBCE you must be self employed and working less than 30 hours per week due to the earthquake, or an employer working less than 30 hours per week in their business due to the earthquake, andYou can find the web page here.
People receiving UBCE have the same work obligations as people receiving Unemployment Benefit, but can be considered to be meeting these obligations if they are:
- not be in full-time employment
- be available for and seeking full time work
- have taken reasonable steps to find, and be willing and able to undertake full-time employment
- be aged 18 years or older
- have continuously lived in New Zealand for two years or more since becoming a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
- have no income or an income of less than the amount that would fully abate the benefit.
- working to rebuild their business, and
- seeking other employment until the business is able to generate work to support them.