CCC - Floor and Foundation Design Standards for earthquake damaged buildings

CCC today set up a new web page to provide information regarding floor and foundation design as it may apply to your property (i.e. already damaged land, or land that may experience liquifaction in the future). Much of the content is based on the Department of Building and Housing's publication Guidance on house repairs and reconstruction following the Canterbury earthquake which can be found here.  The CCC web page is here.

The web page is in a question and answer format covering the following questions:
  • What are these Floor and Foundation Design Standards?
  • Where can I find these generic building foundation and floor design standards?
  • How do I know whether I need a special engineered design for my house’s floor and/or foundation?
  • Why has the Government provided these generic foundation and floor designs?
  • What can happen to houses built on earth that has experienced liquefaction?
  • How do these new ‘off-the-shelf’ floor and foundation design plans differ from other plans?
  • Do the new design plans require additional design input from engineers?
  • What are the different floor and foundation design options?
  • Can I have my own registered engineer design my house foundations?
  • What is liquefaction?
  • Where can I find more information about these design plan options?
  • Does the Guidance on house repairs and reconstruction following the Canterbury earthquake document address repairs to above-ground structures?
  • .

Popular Posts