Grants are now available from the New Zealand Red Cross Canterbury Earthquake Commission. For application forms and eligibility criteria go to www.redcross.org.nz
Grants are available to people who:
- Are no longer able to live in their own homes
- Are still living in their homes even though their homes are considered uninhabitable because of loss of water or sewerage services
- Have suffered significant financial, health or welfare hardship.
If you want to know more about these grants call 0800 754 726. You can also ask staff at any of the Recovery Assistance Centres to help you to complete the application forms for these grants.
Those recovery centres are at:
- Kaiapoi Community Centre, 24 Sewell Street
- Department of Labour, 144 Kilmore Street
- Linwood Community Link, 154 Aldwins Road
- Heartland Services, Hornby, 25 Shands Road
- Work and Income, New Brighton, 26 Beresford Street